Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It was introduced on 1st May 2016 to provide LPG connections in the most remote and poor areas of the country and benefit thousands of households.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY): Ujjwala 2.0
|Organize||Central Government of India (Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas)|
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Total Budget||Rs 8000 Crore|
|Financial Rewards||Rs 1600/ – Per LPG Connection|
|Age||Must 18 Plus Years|
|LPG Emergency Helpline||1906|
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
What are the objectives of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- To protect the health and general welfare of women
- To empower women, especially women from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
- Reducing health problems caused by continuous use of impure fuels or other traditional cooking methods like coal, firewood, dung, etc.
- Reduce and ultimately control indoor and outdoor pollution caused by the use of fossil fuels, which cause a variety of respiratory diseases.
Benefits and Features of PM Ujjwala Yojana
- Under this scheme, 5 crore families in the country will get the facility of LPG cylinders.
- The administration will bear the cost of the gas connections up to one lakh rupees. 1,600.
- This plan is available all over India.
- The scheme will also help in reducing the problems that people in hilly and northeastern states face in getting LPG connections.
- The scheme will cover all eligible households under different distributors as well as different cylinder capacities like 14.2 kg, 5 kg, etc.
- The scheme will create employment for more than one million people in the country, with an estimated increase in business prospects of Rs. 10,000 crores.
- Interest-free loans from oil marketing companies are also part of the scheme. These loans will be available for both stove refilling and stove purchase.
- The revised plan also includes other government programs such as the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), and the Most Backward Classes (MBCs), tea and ex-tea garden tribes, forest dwellers and people living in the state.
- Benefits under the COVID-19 relief package, also known as Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, will be extended to the PMUY scheme, with over 8 crore beneficiaries receiving a total of three LPG gas cylinders between April and June 2020. Will be
- The cost of a cylinder of 14.2 kg under the scheme, and the beneficiary will receive them free of cost.
- The applicant must come from a low-income family or home.
- The applicant must be a female member of the household.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a citizen of India.
- Another important requirement is that no other LPG connection is available in his name or in the name of any other family member.
- The total or total income of the family cannot exceed the limits imposed by the State Government or Union Territories
- The name of the person should be in the 2011 SECC (Socio-Economic Caste Census) list, and all the information contained therein should match.
- Passport Size Photo
- Valid ID proof like Aadhaar card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, BPL Ration Card, etc
- Aadhaar numbers of all the family members
- Address proof like Copy of Passport, Lease Agreement, Telephone bill, Water Bill, Electricity Bill, Ration Card, Flat Allotment/Possession Letter
- BPL Certificate issued by the municipality chairman or panchayat pradhan
- Caste Certificate
- BPL Ration Card
- Bank Account Number (Jan Dhan Bank Account) and IFSC
- Supplementary KYC to support the status of the family.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2022?
- Firstly go to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form from Official Website https://www.pmuy.gov.in/index.aspx or visit your nearest LPG distributor to get the application form.
- After getting the form, Fill in all required details like name, age, address, Jan Dhan bank account details, Aadhar number of all the household members, etc.
- After that attach all the required documents.
- Now then, submit the PMUY 2022 form at the LPG distributor office.
After all, the process then starts processed by the concerned authorities.
After the application form is verified, an LPG connection will be issued by various Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs)
Beneficiaries can also avail of EMI options available. The EMI amount can be compared with the subsidy that the consumer will get on each refill.